Multi-talented west coast hip-hop artist Anderson .Paak is the latest musician to produce and curate their own music event, as he announced today that he’ll welcome fans and families to Andy’s Oxnard Carnival at Oxnard, California’s Performing Arts & Convention Center this Saturday, November 17th beginning at 2 p.m. The event, hosted by Anderson .Paak and Beats, will take place the day after the release of his highly anticipated new studio album, Oxnard, which arrives this Friday, November 16th via Aftermath/12 Tone Music Group/Atlantic Records.The free event plans to welcome fans and their families to experience rides, food, games, contest giveaways and more. There will also be free parking in addition to shuttle services for those hoping to attend. Fans can presume that .Paak will deliver a performance of some sort for those in attendance during the four-hour event, although nothing has been confirmed as of Tuesday’s announcement. You can find more information and officially RVSP for Andy’s Oxnard Carnival by visiting the event’s page on the venue website.The 32-year-old rapper/singer/songwriter/drummer/bandleader/producer and Oxnard, CA native has already shared a few of the tracks set to appear on Oxnard, including “Who R U?” and “Tints“, with the latter featuring a guest appearance by rapper Kendrick Lamar. Other guest artists who appear on the forthcoming album include Dr. Dre (the album’s executive producer), J. Cole, Snoop Dogg and Kadhja Bonet, just to name a few. The project will be .Paak’s first studio release since his Grammy-nominated LP, Malibu, arrived back in 2016.“This is the album I dreamed of making in high school, when I was listening to [Jay-Z]’s ‘The Blueprint’, The Game’s ‘The Documentary’, and [Kanye West’s] ‘The College Dropout’,” .Paak said recently about his latest studio effort. You can watch the official music video for Oxnard track “Tints” below:Anderson .Paak ft. Kendrick Lamar – “Tints” [Official Music Video][Video: Anderson Paak]Anderson .Paak recently performed at the Mac Miller tribute concert in Los Angeles on Halloween, and will head down to Australia and New Zealand for a run of performances in December and January. Fans should be on the lookout for North American concert dates to be announced in the near future.[H/T Rolling Stone]
RelatedPosts Stoke City manager salutes Mikel Global COVID-19 cases surpass 27m – Johns Hopkins Everton sign Brazil midfielder from Napoli Former Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel, may seal a transfer deal with a South American side as another Brazilian club, Porto Alegre, have indicated interest in the combative midfielder. Porto Alegre, also known as Porto Alegre Futebol Clube, according to media reports, would slug it out with Botafogo for the signature of the former Chelsea star. Mikel terminated his contract with the Turkish club Trabzonspor in March amid the advance of the coronavirus pandemic. Porto Alegre, owned by former footballer and Ronaldinho’s brother, Roberto Assis, have to dislodge Botafogo with an improved offer. Botafogo offered Mikel a contract worth $2 million plus (N766 million) per 18 months. Check revealed that Porto Alegre, founded on June 10, 2003, has only Brazil nationality in their current squad. The club, founded as Lami Futebol Clube, won its first title same year of its formation.Tags: BrazilBrazillian ClubsJohn Obi Mikel
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Angels’ Shohei Ohtani spending downtime working in outfield “I don’t know how I’d go about that, but it’s a possibility for sure,” he said. “If I get the pain to go away and can’t get the full motion that I need to get, there has to be an adjustment mechanically.”In the second year of a three-year, $39-million contract, Cozart has hit .190 with the Angels. This season he’s hitting .124 with no homers and only two doubles.He said he previously hadn’t thought his shoulder was an issue because he didn’t feel any pain, until recently. He has felt tightness throughout, which he said has limited his mobility.Last June Cozart hurt his shoulder when he hit the ground on a dive. The joint had been loose for years, Cozart said, and the surgery to repair the labrum tightened it up.“My issue is the surgery worked,” Cozart said. “My shoulder is super tight. … Dr. (Neal) ElAttrache told me my shoulder wouldn’t feel the same for a long time. It might be 18 months or two years. When he told me that, I was thinking mainly about a pain thing, but looking back I think it’s more of a mobility thing. I don’t have as much flexibility because of the surgery, so that’s something we have to work on.” PITCHER BINGEThe Angels took pitchers with all eight of their selections on the second day of the draft, which went through the 10th round on Tuesday.Third-round pick Jack Kochanowicz, a high school left-hander from Pennsylvania, is expected to warrant bonus above the slot value of $637,000 to buy him out of a commitment to Virginia.Erik Rivera, the fourth-round pick, was selected as a two-way player out of the Puerto Rico Baseball Academy. He’s a left-handed pitcher and outfielder.Their next six picks were college pitchers, including 10th-rounder Chad Sykes of North Carolina-Greensboro. Sykes led Division I with an 0.93 ERA. Skykes, however, is a fifth-year senior with no leverage, so the Angels are likely to sign him for well below the slot value of that pick, which will give them extra money to give to other selections.The draft concludes with 30 more rounds on Wednesday.ALSOJustin Upton ran the bases, did some fielding drills and took batting practice on Tuesday. Manager Brad Ausmus said Upton is likely to be ready to face some live pitching sometime on this homestand, and then he’ll need a rehab assignment. …Matt Harvey, who is on the injured list with a back issue, said he’s thrown two bullpen sessions and he is now healthy. Ausmus said Harvey will need a rehab assignment, but they aren’t sure when that will be. …Related Articles Jose Suarez’s rocky start sinks Angels in loss to Astros ANAHEIM — Zack Cozart’s trip to the injured list may also send him back to the drawing board.Cozart said Tuesday that since having shoulder surgery last year he’s lost mobility in the joint, which has changed his swing.“From a mechanical standpoint, I’m not the same as I was last year,” Cozart said Tuesday, his first time talking to the media since he was placed on the IL with shoulder inflammation a week earlier. “I haven’t gone this long without having some sort of power. I don’t have anything behind (my swing) at this moment.”Cozart said he’s talked to the Angels hitting coaches about reworking his entire swing. Angels’ poor pitching spoils an Albert Pujols milestone Angels’ Mike Trout working on his defense, thanks to Twitter Kevan Smith, who is on the concussion list, was set for a full workout, including catching and hitting, on Tuesday. If he got through that OK, he would repeat it on Wednesday, and then the Angels would decide whether he’s ready to be activated. …The Angels are giving their starters another extra day of rest by inserting a sixth starter into the rotation on Saturday. They haven’t announced who it will be, but it can’t be José Suarez, who must be optioned for at least 10 days unless he’s replacing an injured player. It could be Nick Tropeano. …The Angels’ June 23 game in St. Louis has been added to ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball schedule, moving the start time to 4 p.m. PT.UP NEXTAngels (opener TBD before Félix Peña, 3-1, 3.42) vs. A’s (RHP Daniel Mengden, 1-1, 3.05), Wednesday, 7 p.m., Fox Sports West Angels offense breaks out to split doubleheader with Astros
by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow â€” District Court officials are expecting around 100 candidates in the jury selection process of the Lindsey Nicole Blansett murder trial at the Sumner County Courthouse Tuesday morning.Of those 100 potential jurors, at least 42 of them will be selected for an interview, said Kerwin Spencer, Sumner County attorney. Then the judge, defense attorney and prosecuting attorney are expected to decide who will be the 12 jurors and two alternates, who will be seated to determine the fate of Blansett, 33, 0f Wellington who has been charged with premeditated murder. She is accused of killing her 10-year-old son Caleb at her home on Dec. 14, 2015.At the courthouse Monday, both Spencer and Blansett defense attorney Michael Brown met with Judge Scott McQuin during a pretrial hearing to go over the logistics of the trial which is expected to last into next week.Blansett was in attendance at the hearing Monday in her orange prison uniform and remained silent throughout the discussion.Brown said the jury selection could last two days through Tuesday and Wednesday. Spencer said he disagrees with Brown and expects the jury process could be wrapped up by tomorrow.â€œI could be asking for my first witness by 4 p.m. on Tuesday,â€ Spencer said.Spencer said the case will probably go into Monday of next week, and maybe into Tuesday or Wednesday.Security will be tight for the trial in which Blansett faces two felonies of premeditated murder and aggravated assault after being accused of using a rock and knife multiple times to fatally wound her son, Caleb, a Wellington Lincoln Elementary student while he was allegedly sleeping late in the evening last December.Those who come to the courthouse must adhere to various security measures including passing through a metal detecting device. Security officials at the courthouse are expecting a large number of media that could take up two rows on the bench.The hearing lasted two hours this morning and much of it surrounded logistics, including how to handle the media and jurors, what items can or cannot be allowed in the courtroom, and the scheduling of key witnesses. There was also discussion how many jurors will be interviewed. Some have already been deemed ineligible to serve, estimated at 30 percent of the pretrial questionnaires that were returned to the courthouse.Upon Brown’s request and agreed upon by the judge and prosecuting attorney, the two alternates for the 12-person jury will be considered “blind” meaning they will not know they are alternates through the proceeding.“That way they may pay attention more, thinking they are part of the 12-person jury,” Brown said.Follow us on Twitter.
Donegal Sports Partnership is holding a Children’s Officer Workshop in their Letterkenny office on Saturday 23rd February.Application is open to participants who have already completed the Child Protection Basic Awareness Workshop.The six hour workshop starts at 10:00am with a half hour break for lunch at 1:00pm. Cost is €25.00 per person. Places as limited to 16, so early booking is essential. Application form is available from the Donegal Sports Partnership office, Pearse Road, Letterkenny, you can also email or phone: [email protected] / 074 9116078 for further information. SPORTS PARTNERSHIP TO HOLD CHILDREN’S OFFICER WORKSHOP was last modified: February 4th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)