“I don’t want to look like the one blaming young people, there are certain episodes that have struck me,” like nine young people who tested positive after returning from Croatia.”Every day we receive reports of this type,” Galli said.The highest number of cases were reported in the northern Veneto and Lombardy regions, with 159 and 154 and in Rome’s Lazio region with 115. “We are not in as bad a position as France and Spain, but the current situation is not satisfactory,” said Professor Massimo Galli, who heads the infectious diseases department at Milan’s prestigious Sacco hospital.”The end of confinement has resulted in an excessive feeling of false security,” he told the La Repubblica newspaper.Italy in May emerged from a severe lockdown after becoming one the first European countries to report cases of COVID-19.We have to be careful, otherwise we will find ourselves facing an extremely difficult situation,” Galli warned, pointing particularly to returning travellers over the summer vacation. Topics : Italy has recorded its highest number of coronavirus infections since May 23, with 845 new cases reported over the last day, health ministry officials said Thursday.The new high comes after the health ministry on Wednesday counted 642 new cases, confirming an upward curve.Six people also died over the last 24 hours, bringing the death toll to 35,418 in a total of 256,118 cases, health officials added.
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error PLAYA VISTA >> The Clippers don’t need to log onto WebMD to diagnose the things that plagued them throughout the first half of the NBA season.Friday, starting guard J.J. Redick did a pretty good job identifying the reasons why the team’s been playing better in 2017 – things that weren’t going as well while the Clippers stumbled to the end of last year’s calendar. “Three things: No. 1, we’re playing harder. No. 2, the schedule is easier. And No. 3, we’re healthier,” Redick said tersely. “All three are self-explanatory.”Those three factors combined to work against the Clippers the last time they faced the Lakers, a disappointing 111-102 loss on Christmas night. The schedule has also lightened up.After a grueling seven games in 10 nights (the loss to the Lakers was game No. 3), the team has played just once on the road, in Sacramento. They also don’t play four games in a week until February.“We did play a lot of games in a small stretch,” Clippers coach Doc Rivers said. “… We understood that. We knew it would be a ton of games. We didn’t counter or think we’d have a ton of injuries during that stretch. There’s nothing you can do about it. But, we have this month to hopefully get healthier and get back on track.”The time, more than the opponents, is how the schedule has eased up on the team, Redick said.“It’s better, he said. “We’re at home. We haven’t left the state. We finished December with eight (games) in 12 (nights) or seven in 10, depending on how you look at it. That’s tough for anybody, especially when you’re not healthy.“And then you don’t play hard to compound that, you suck and you lose six in a row.”The Clippers can’t control the schedule. And, you can’t, really, control the injuries. But, the playing hard? That’s a different thing.“Since the 2017 year came, guys’ mentality is way more locked in, no matter what team you play,” reserve Marreese Speights said. “… Losing those games, it’s not something you really want to be a part of, but we went through it, went through winning and now we’re back winning. It’s just a process, winning and losing.”Playing hard, with a purpose, is what can keep the team on track, helping them stay undefeated this new year. And facing a team like the Lakers, who stole a win when the Clippers were down, should give them even more fuel.“Oh yeah, you want to get one back,” Speights said. “You don’t want to lose to the other L.A. team, so guys are going to be locked in tomorrow. (It’s an) early game, we’re going to go hard and have a whole day to rest after that.”All things considered, Rivers said, the Clippers are in an OK spot.“I’m satisfied,” he said. “I really never know our record, to be honest. I thought we could be a little better, even through injuries. Obviously, we didn’t know we were going to have the injuries we had.“(But) if you think about the injuries and where we’ve been, being where we are is pretty damn good. I’ll take it all day.”NotesFor just the third time in Staples Center’s history, the Lakers, Clippers and Kings will all play in the building on the same day. Following Lakers-Clippers, the Kings host Winnipeg. …Rookie Brice Johnson, who hasn’t played this season because of back problems, is shooting and running on the court, but he’s not been cleared beyond that. “I just think we got our asses kicked,” Redick said.Let’s start with reason No. 3 first. The Clippers, even though they’re still missing Blake Griffin, are healthier than they were on Dec. 25.When the two teams meet again on Saturday, Chris Paul will be back in the lineup, his left hamstring healed after a dicey stretch where he missed seven of eight games.Paul, who had an excused absence from Friday’s practice for personal reasons, is averaging 17 points, 12 assists and 3 steals in the three games since he has returned.Griffin should be the next to return, with late January still the target.
The Diamond, East Bank Demerara (EBD) man who was slapped with eight fraud charges only days ago, found himself before the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts slapped with a ninth charge.Jason AaronThirty-two-year-old Jason Aaron, of Lot 232 Block ‘X’ Section ‘D’ Diamond Housing Scheme, EBD, stood before Magistrate Sherdel Isaacs-Marcus and denied that on January 17, 2018, at Georgetown, and with intent to defraud, he obtained the sum of $250,000 from Durant Boston issuing him a cheque to the Bank of Baroda to honour payments to Boston.The father of two, who was out on bail for the previous charges, reportedly borrowed the money from Boston, who is known to him for the past five years.He reportedly told Boston that he was given a contract to clean several parts of Georgetown and would be paid a large sum of money, as such; he borrowed the $250,000 from the Virtual Complainant (VC).However, on January 17, 2018, Aaron reportedly wrote a cheque for the said sum which he gave to the VC. When Boston visited the Bank of Baroda to cash the cheque, he was told that there was insufficient funds in Aaron’s account to honour the cheque.As such, the matter was reported to the Police and the defendant was arrested and charged.He was released on $300,000 bail. The case will continue on June 12.On June 1, Aaron denied the charge against him which stated that on May 16, 2018, at Georgetown, with intent to defraud; he forged one Irrevocable Power of Attorney, property of Raymond Austin when he appeared before Principal Magistrate Judy Latchman.It was further alleged that between October 8 and October 28, 2017, at Eccles, EBD, with intent to defraud, he obtained the sum of $230,000 from Keron Kasaiwan by pretending that he had the money in his account at the Bank of Baroda, knowing that he did not have the said sum in his account to satisfy the amount. In that incident, he reportedly issued eight bounced cheques to Kasaiwan.He was placed on a total of $800,000 for those charges.
7 7 N’Golo Kante (Leicester City) – Kante was unquestionably one of the players of the season, with his dynamic displays crucial to Leicester City cruising to the Premier League title. The Foxes may be readying themselves for a number of offers in the summer, and United are said to be considering making a bid. But with Champions League football on offer at the King Power Stadium next season, it would have to be a very lucrative offer. Arturo Vidal (Bayern Munich) – click the arrow above, right, to check out more midfielders Mourinho could target in the summer – It was recently claimed incoming Man United manager Jose Mourinho wants a ‘captain’ in central midfield. This is not necessarily a player to take the armband off current skipper Wayne Rooney, but an influential figure in the middle to help the club fight for honours on all fronts. Arturo Vidal is one candidate and its been a satisfying debut season at the Allianz Arena for the battling midfielder as he won the Bundesliga title and the German Cup. While the Chilean might not be looking to leave so soon, interest in his signature remains high and Spanish outlet Don Balon claim Chelsea, United and City are considering an offer. 7 7 Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City) – The midfielder was forced to walk away from Old Trafford in 2012, after a series of loan spells, to save his faltering career. His steely determination has seen him prove himself at Leicester and force his way into Englands preliminary Euro 2016 squad. Mourinho may see his inspiring displays as crucial to rebuilding United, while the player himself has unfinished business with United. 7 Nemanja Matic (Chelsea) – Matic has endured a season to forget at Stamford Bridge, but his reputation seems to have remained intact. Mourinho, according to the Daily Mail, will attempt to sign the tough Serbia international when he officially takes over at United. It would be a surprise if the midfielder himself wants to link up with the Portuguese coach again. 7 Paul Pogba (Juventus) – The grass really has been greener on the other side for Pogba. Since leaving Old Trafford in July 2012, the midfielder has been at the heart of Juves numerous honours and he has earned a world class reputation. Its wishful thinking that Mourinho could lure the 23-year-old back to Manchester, but stranger things have happened. Toni Kroos (Real Madrid) – Throughout a challenging season for Los Blancos in which manager Rafael Benitez was sacked at the beginning of the year reports have suggested Kroos is unsettled at Real Madrid. Despite this, the classy midfielder has cemented his place under current manager Zinedine Zidane, however, some clubs are thought to still be considering making the Spanish side an offer. 7 Yaya Toure (Manchester City) – Toure didnt have the best of seasons at the Etihad, but he has still provided glimpses of the commanding displays supporters know hes capable of. If Mourinho can motivate him, it would be foolish not to consider making an offer for a player, particularly as reports suggest he wants to leave City. His signing might not be the most popular, but a few years ago the same may have been said for Mourinho. Jose Mourinho is closing in on the vacant Manchester United position.This news has been swirling throughout the season and now only the official confirmation of his arrival at Old Trafford is awaited following Louis van Gaal’s exit.With his move seemingly almost done and dusted, reports have begun to surface over who the former Chelsea manager might want to sign ahead of his first campaign with the club.And it was recently claimed, via the Mirror, that Mourinho wants a ‘captain’ in central midfield for the Red Devils.Not a player to take the armband off Wayne Rooney, but someone with the leadership skills required of any side wanting to challenge for honours on all fronts.So who could fulfil such a role?Take a look at the top contenders for this position by viewing the slideshow above.