LFA to Enforce CLS, No Financial Distribution to Clubs

first_imgThe Liberia Football Association will enforce CAF’s Club Licensing System in the 2015/16 soccer league, stakeholders who attended last Saturday’s Interactive Forum at the Antoinette Tubman Stadium were told.LFA President Musa Bility, responding to enquiries from participants, said it is not the duty of the association to provide money to support member clubs.“We are the regulators of football,” Bility said, “and our role is to ensure that we regulate and provide standard that will improve on the overall development of the game.”President Bility’s clarification stemmed from inquiries by several clubs, including LISCR FC and Nimba United FC for the need to get some financial support in the wake of the Ebola virus disease that affected the clubs.Bility said funds received from FIFA are exclusively for development purposes and not for clubs.He noted that the LFA made it clear to teams at the last Buchanan Congress that FIFA would provide U$750,000 financial assistance to the association.“The money is a special bonus from FIFA and the LFA is using this money to construct our national headquarters,” he told the gathering.So far, he said, “We have received $250k of this amount and purchased two pieces of land in Congo Town. We will use the remaining $500k to commence the construction of a $738k LFA HQ beginning February and we also received $100k from CAF towards this project.” Regarding the Financial Assistance Program, (FAP), from FIFA, he said it is the only revenue available to the LFA for the smooth running of the day to day operations of the Liberia Football Association.“We have no intention to distribute this money to clubs. In fact this money comes to LFA quarterly and we are yet to receive the first batch,” he said.He noted that concerning Cellcom GSM sponsorship money 45% goes towards prizes for clubs at the end of the season and the other 55% is used partially to finance the league hoping that the clubs registration and penalties will fill in the gap. The LFA, Bility said, “has no extra money to give to clubs. What we have done in the last four years is to put the LFA under great financial stress in order to assist the clubs.”He, however, pointed out that almost all the first division clubs still have enough credit with the LFA to register for the upcoming league. Bility reminded all club presidents that under the new clubs licensing regime the LFA too has obligations it must meet to carry out to a certain standard. “We will not abdicate our responsibilities to support clubs. It is expected that everyone desiring to own a club must have the finances to do so or disregard the quest.”Without pulling punches, Bility declared, “The ownership of clubs is a commercial venture that yields direct benefits to the clubs NOT LFA. We are the regulators of clubs not administrators.”He said the LFA will make all clubs in the 2015/16 seasons live up to at least twenty five percent requirement demanded in the Club Licensing System.The Club Licensing System demands every team to have, among other things, a youth team, a specified amount in its bank account, an office, and contract agreement with both players and technical staff.Bility said to get a good soccer league, players, coaches; medics and referees must receive necessary support, pointing out that the LFA is prepared to have a minimum number of clubs to ensure that a standard is set for the league this year.The forum had a team of panelist who provided overviews and answered questions in their respective areas. The areas included issues on coaches, referees, medics, and club management.The forum was organized by the technical department of the LFA, and its director Henry Browne earlier explained the importance of those involved in football meeting to exchange ideas to get some clarifications before the league proper.Coach Gabriel Johns discussed issues affecting coaches, relations with referees and clubs’ presidents. It was noted that because the roles of club officials are not defined, there are always overlapping their functions to tell coaches what to do during the process of a game.Bility pointed out that such development comes because of the coaches’ fear of failure, and assured all those involved in the game that the LFA demands clubs to sign contracts with coaches and their players to minimize some of the inherent overlapping of functions.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

TD TO STAND DOWN: DEIMHNITHE AG DINNY McGINLEY NACH RITHFIDH SÉ SAN OLLTOGHCHÁN

first_imgDinny McGinley TDDheimhnigh an Teachta Dála Dinny McGinley ar Bharrscéalta ar RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta inniu nach mbeidh sé ag seasamh san Olltoghchán.Dúirt sé, cé go raibh sé ráite aige le os cionn bliana nach rithfeadh sé, gur tháinig brú air le tamall anuas dhul siar ar an gcinneadh sin, ach nach bhfuil sé chun é sin a dhéanamh.“Mar a dúirt mé tá bliain ó shin, dúirt mé nach raibh sé ar intinn agam a bheith mar iarrthóir sa chéad toghchán eile. Tá an cinneadh déanta agam le corradh agus bliain anuas… Tháinig brú orm le tamall anuas ón dáilcheantar féin, ó achan pháirt den dáilcheantar, agus ó Bhaile Átha Cliath chomh maith.” “Rinne mé smaoiteadh domhain air sin le cúpla seachtain anuas. Bhí deis agam an cás a phléigh leis na hoifigí ag cruinniú an pháirtí i gCo. Luimnigh ag an deireadh seachtaine, leis an Rúnaí Ginearálta, leis an Stiúrthóir Toghchánaíochta, agus leis an Taoiseach féin. Dúirt mé leo ag an phointe seo nach raibh sé ar intinn agam an cinneadh a athrú ón chinneadh a rinne mé tá bliain ó shin.”Dúirt sé go n-aontaíonn sé gur cheart go mbeadh beirt iarrthóirí ag Fine Gael sa Dáilcheantar, agus gurb shin a bhí beartaithe agus go rabhthas sa tóir anois ar an dara iarrthóir, ó tharla nach raibh sé féin chun a bheith san áireamh.Bhí an Teachta Dála Dinny McGinley faoi agallamh inniu ar Bharrscéalta ar RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta.Dinny McGinley TD confirmed today that he will not be standing in the next General Election.  He was speaking on Barrscéalta on RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta. Although he announced over a year ago that he would not contest the election, he said that he had come under pressure in recent weeks to go back on that decision, but that he would not be doing so.“A year ago, I said that I did not intend to be a candidate in the next election.  And, although the decision has been made for almost a year, I came under pressure recently from the constituency, from all parts of the constituency, and from Dublin as well, to reconsider.”“I have given it serious consideration for the last few weeks.  I had the opportunity to discuss it with the Secretary General, the Director of Elections, and the Taoiseach himself at the party think-in in Co.  Limerick at the weekend.  I informed them that I did not intend to go back on the decision I made a year ago.”He said that he agreed with a two-candidate strategy for Fine Gael for the constituency, and that that was the intention of the party.  He said they were now looking for a second candidate to take his place.Dinny McGinley TD was interviewed today on Barrscéalta on RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta. TD TO STAND DOWN: DEIMHNITHE AG DINNY McGINLEY NACH RITHFIDH SÉ SAN OLLTOGHCHÁN was last modified: September 14th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Dinny McGinleyquitslast_img read more