The Enmore Community Centre Cricket Club (ECCCC) launched its second Banks Beer-sponsored 100-ball cricket tournament on Sunday last at the Enmore Community Centre.ECCCC Competitions Committee Chairman Anil Persaud was present at the presentation of the sponsorship chequeTwenty teams on the East Coast of Demerara will compete for cash prizes and trophies in a 100-ball per side affair instead of the usual T20 encounter. After successfully organising the inaugural tournament last year, ECCCC has once more collaborated with the East Coast Cricket Committee for this year’s edition of the competition.A Banks Beer representative indicated that the Banks brand is pleased once more to sponsor this ECCCC-organised tournament, since the club has a track record of delivering quality cricketing events. ECCCC Chairman Bheemraj Ramkelawan informed those present that with Banks DIH Ltd being a company of high standards, it is expected that all teams participating in the tournament adhere to the established rules and to respect the rights of the sponsors. He also thanked Banks DIH Ltd for this year’s sponsorship of the competition that will be played across six venues in four groups in a round-robin format.Meanwhile, Chairman of the ECCCC competitions committee, Anil Persaud thanked the teams for their continued faith in the Committee in delivering quality competitions among teams on the East Coast. In outlining this year’s activities, he stated that in excess of 100 limited overs matches have been completed with two competitions presently at the semi-finals stage and the Banks Beer tournament set to be completed in mid-November. Two new youth tournaments will also be launched this weekend. First-round action is set to commence at 09:30h this Sunday at various venues.
0Shares0000Germany midfielder Leon Goretzka salvaged a draw against Serbia. © dpa/AFP / Christian CharisiusBERLIN, Germany, Mar 21 – Leon Goretzka spared coach Joachim Loew a humiliating defeat with a second-half equaliser as a new-look Germany side were held to a 1-1 draw in Wednesday’s friendly against Serbia.Having controversially dropped veterans Jerome Boateng, Mats Hummels and Thomas Mueller from the national squad two weeks ago, coach Loew had announced the beginning of a “new era” ahead of Wednesday’s game. “I was generally happy with the performance. You could see that there were a few communication problems, but that is something which improves with experience at this level,” Loew told German broadcaster RTL after the game.The young Germany side looked comfortable in the opening exchanges, but Serbia scored with their first chance on 12 minutes.A fortunate deflection at a corner found Luka Jovic unmarked in front of goal, and the Eintracht Frankfurt striker nodded the ball past Manuel Neuer.Germany brought on Marco Reus and Leon Goretzka in the second half, and set about grinding down a solid Serbian defence.On the odd occasion Germany did break through, Serbian goalkeeper Marko Dmitrovic frustrated the hosts with strong saves.But after Leroy Sane and Ilkay Gundogan failed to take chances, Goretzka equalised on 69 minutes, lashing the ball past Dmitrovic from the edge of the box.“Generally, when we have the ball on the wings, I try to find space between the penalty spot and the edge of the area, and on this occasion I struck the ball really well,” Goretzka told RTL.Serbian forward Milan Pavkov was sent off late in the game for a dangerous challenge on Leroy Sane, but the Germany and Manchester City player confirmed that he had not been injured.“I think the tackle looked worse than it was,” Sane told RTL.Germany will open their Euro 2020 qualifying campaign when they face the Netherlands in Amsterdam on Sunday.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
Sean O’Driscoll 1 Walsall have placed Jon Whitney in charge of first-team affairs after sacking Sean O’Driscoll as manager.O’Driscoll was axed by the League One club on Sunday after a 3-1 home to defeat to Barnsley a day previously stretched their winless run to six matches.The former Liverpool assistant, who left Anfield following Brendan Rodgers’ sacking, had only been in the job since December.Whitney has now been tasked with leading the team while the club decide on a permanent replacement for O’Driscoll.He spent three games in caretaker charge earlier in the season after Dean Smith quit to become Brentford boss.Despite their recent disappointing run of form, the Saddlers are sitting fourth in League One, only five points adrift of the automatic promotion places.A statement from the club read: “Walsall Football Club can today confirm that First Team Performance Coach, Jon Whitney will take control of first team affairs. “Whitney will be assisted by First Team Coach, Neil Cutler and Professional Development Coach, John Ward ahead of Saturday’s League One fixture with Chesterfield.”
Lifford Clonleigh Resource CentreLocal Notes• HEALTHY COMMUNITIES: Cooking Demonstration – Raw & Living Food Chef Sinead Scott will be demonstrating and cooking a range of sugar, dairy and gluten free dishes. Admission is free with a limited number of places. Lifford Clonleigh Resource Centre on Tuesday 26th February @ 7.30p.m. Contact 91 41773 for further information or to book a place. • BLOSSOMS – APPEAL: We are appealing to the public to donate any unwanted quality items to the centre. We also require the help of volunteers in order to keep the shop up and running. If you have any time to spare, would like to give something back to the community, would like to gain or improve your skills or just meet new people for a few hours per week, please contact reception on 074 91 41773!• BASIC/CONVERSATIONAL IRISH: We are hoping to run classes in the Irish Language. This may be of benefit to people wishing to refresh their memory of the language, help their children with schoolwork or someone who just wishes to find out more about our native language. Please contact reception on 074 91 41773 for further information. DD LOCAL: LIFFORD CLONLEIGH COMMUNITY NEWS was last modified: February 21st, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DD LOCAL: LIFFORD CLONLEIGH COMMUNITY NEWS
Donegal Daily are here to test you, and you are here to prove that listening in class and remembering pub questions have paid off.Have a go at the quiz below to test how well you know about our county. All questions are Donegal related so hopefully it should be easy? Give it a go and test yourself, Only 10 questions, how many can you get right?Comment your answer to see how you compare to the rest of the population. [os-widget path=”/dd92/donegal-daily-s-general-knowledge-quiz” of=”dd92″ comments=”false” width=”600″]QUIZ: TEST YOURSELF IN THIS GENERAL KNOWLEDGE DONEGAL RELATED QUIZ was last modified: June 24th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:10 questionsdonegal daily quizgeneral knowledge
The Rostas were caught on CCTVTWO Romanian women caught after an appeal for information on Donegal Daily have appeared in court where they have admitted the theft.Florica Rostas, who is 31 with an address at 29 Booth Road, Clondalkin, Dublin and Monica Rostas, who is 28 and from 14 Sweetrush Street in Tallaght, Dublin, admitted theft from a shop in Falcarragh on November 5 last. Garda Niall Maguire told Judge Pal Kelly at Letterkenny District Court that the two women had entered the Bluestack Shop on the afternoon of Thursday November 5 and they had been duped a shop assistant into handing over €819 worth of gold rings and bracelets.“It was a slight of hand,” said Garda Maguire.“The shop assistant had handed over the goods but the women appeared to change their minds and handed back the goods but the bag was empty,” he said.Both ladies were arrested two days later and charged at Letterkenny Garda Station.The court heard Forica Rostas is due to appear in a Dublin court today in relation to a suspended sentence handed down there on July 28.She had been caught in Monaghan in June for theft and fined €400.A solicitor for Monica Rostas, a single mother of three who sells The Big Issue, said she wished to apologise to the court for the ‘stupid’ Falcarragh theft.Both women were fined €150. All the stolen items were recovered and Judge Kelly issued an order for their return to the shop.SHOP THIEVES CAUGHT BY DONEGAL DAILY READERS APPEAR IN COURT was last modified: November 17th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:crooksRomanian thievesRostasthievesthievs
A young boy has been rushed to hospital by helicopter after a fall in an Inishowen play area.The young lad was playing with friends in Culdaff when he fell and suffered back injuries just after 3pm.The Rescue 118 helicopter from Sligo and it transported the injured boy to Letterkenny General Hospital. It is understood the boy suffered a spinal injury but it is not known how serious it is. BOY FLOWN TO HOSPITAL AFTER FALL AT PLAY AREA was last modified: July 24th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:culdaffINISHOWEN RESCUE 118
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBlues bury Kings early with four first-period goals An additional $20,000 will go to Hammack Audio Video Solutions to intall the system in the chambers. An unused storage closet in the chambers will also be expanded to become a TV control room. “It is obviously the direction a lot of cities are going in and we believe it will add a new dimension to the coverage of our council meetings,” said Bob Spencer, the spokesman for the city. The money will come from a $125,000 grant, cable provider Adelphia gave the city in 2003 as part of the extension of its franchise. Spencer said the equipment will be delivered and work will start on the council chambers in the next few weeks. The whole system should be up and running by February of next year, he said. PICO RIVERA – There will soon be lights, cameras and action in the Pico Rivera City Council Chambers. The council has approved purchasing television broadcasting equipment from a San Diego-based company to use to televise council meetings on cable television’s Channel 3 in Pico Rivera. “Having our meetings televised offers an additional medium to keep people informed on issues in our community,” said Councilman Gregory Salcido. “More information never hurts.” City officials will spend $29,681 to buy the equipment from Audio Video Supply Inc. Initially, the council meetings will be videotaped for later viewing.” The ultimate goal is live broadcasts of the meeting,” said Spencer. “But we won’t do that until we feel proficient in broadcasting them live.” An ad hoc committee, comprised of two council members, is also working on developing procedures and guidelines for televising council meetings, added Spencer. Eventually, officials hope to air more than council meetings. “We hope it can literally become a TV studio where we can do workshops on West Nile virus or a candidates forum,” said Spencer. “In the long run we would like to get more out of this system than televised council meetings.” firstname.lastname@example.org (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3028160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Donegal County Council has been hard at work carrying out major repair works in Inishowen following the floods.Today a temporary bridge was built at Illies to facilitate access to homes cut off during the floods.Burnfoot is another area receiving repair work today as the clean-up continues. Although a lot is left to be done, the work of the Council, Defence Forces, and locals have made a huge difference to the area compared to this time last week.This afternoonDonegal County Council say; “To date 47 families have registered with us as being displaced following the Inishowen Floods last week including 21 families in Burnfoot, 14 in Buncrana and the remainder in Carndonagh, Muff, Clonmany and Malin.“We are working closely with each family and accommodation is being offered and this will continue until all families are sorted.” “Thanks to Defence Force personnel for all their work over the last few days. They have provided help in Pairc an Ghrianain & Lios na Greine in Burnfoot, at Riverside and Elm Park estates in Buncrana and in housing estates and other areas in Clonmany and Carndonagh.”If you have been affected by the flooding, Donegal County Council can help. Click here to learn more. Images: Donegal County CouncilBuilding Bridges: Council continue clean-up following flood was last modified: August 30th, 2017 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BurnfootDonegal County CouncilfloodsInishowen
SACRAMENTO – In the manner the Warriors want him to lead, Jacob Evans spoke in a commanding voice with a mix of self-accountability and defiance about his rookie season.“Last year was disappointing for me. But I don’t really care how anyone else looks at it,” Evans told the Bay Area News Group. “Knowing what I can do on the basketball court, I wasn’t able to do that at the level I know I could.”In the manner the Warriors want him to play, Evans sounded passionate and aggressive toward those …