Napoli coach Ancelotti delighted for matchwinner Milikby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveNapoli coach Carlo Ancelotti was pleased with their 1-0 win over Cagliari.Arkadiusz Milik struck late to earn the points for Napoli.“He is a smart guy, who is able to deal with various situations in a balanced manner,” Ancelotti told Sky Sport Italia.“The Liverpool defeat was a heavy blow, but the reaction had already come a long time before this evening. I didn’t need to win at Cagliari to know this team had already shaken off the Anfield game.“This is a team with good prospects and we are doing very well, but in my view can do far better. We are very competitive. We were in the Champions League, we are in Serie A and will be in the Europa League.“I share the project with the club, so this is a structure that doesn’t let itself be influenced by one victory or defeat. We can really do well here.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
Real Madrid convinced Levy faces having to sell Spurs ace Eriksenby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid are convinced they can prise Christian Eriksen away from Tottenham in 2019.AS says Real management believe the Dane’s decision to suspend new contract talks has handed them an advantage in their battle of wills with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.With Eriksen’s deal due to expire in 2020, this summer represents the best time for Levy to sell – a situation even manager Mauricio Pochettino recognises is now becoming reality.”Of course he is an important player and as coach you want to have him with you, but in the end it is a negotiation and there are different parties that have different interests, it would be great if he stays here, but, if not, it is in your right to do what you want,” said the Argentine.For their part, Real are prioritising Eriksen as the player to succeed veteran Luka Modric as their prime playmaker. TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Real Madrid closing on deal for Malaga prospect Chechuby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid are closing on a deal for Malaga prospect Chechu.Marca says Malaga defender Jose Martinez Lopez, known as Chechu, is on Real’s radar.The centre-back has been capped three times with the Under-17 national team and has drawn the attention of La Fabrica for his power and physical attributes.His height of 187 centimetres means that he dominates in the air in both areas.Chechu has been capped at U17 level by Spain.
Allardyce withdraws from Huddersfield manager vacancyby Freddie Taylor9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveHuddersfield Town will not appoint Sam Allardyce as their new manager.The Terriers parted ways with David Wagner on Monday by mutual consent.The German leaves with the club currently bottom of the table and eight points from safety. Reports had suggested that Allardyce was in the running for the role, given his history with saving clubs from relegation.But the former England boss has distanced himself from those links.He told talkSPORT: “As much as I like Huddersfield, it’s very difficult job indeed. For me, and I know the fans won’t want to hear this, it’s got to be about planning for relegation and then planning to get back into the Premier League.”For me, at this stage of my life if they made an approach I would chat with them, but I think it’s very unlikely, Alan.”They’ve only scored 12 goals in 22 matches, and while I’ve managed to pull teams out of the bottom end, at Sunderland I had Jermain Defoe and at Crystal Palace I had Wilfried Zaha and Christian Benteke.”Huddersfield’s trouble is not their performances, it’s a lack of goals and we all know what it means when you have a goalscorer.”It’s a very difficult task.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
oklahoma no 1 in both college basketball pollsThe Oklahoma Sooners, sporting a 15-1 record after knocking off both Oklahoma State and West Virginia last week, are your new No. 1-ranked college basketball team. OU made the jump Monday in both the AP Poll and the Coaches’ Poll, replacing Kansas, which lost to the aforementioned Mountaineers. The Jayhawks dropped to No. 3 in both polls – with North Carolina coming in at No. 2. There was a major shakeup in both polls this week, considering the fact that 16 of the top 25 teams in the land (per the AP Poll) lost games.In 1 week, 16 of the AP Top 25 teams have lost a game. Welcome to College Basketball. pic.twitter.com/l47tBWc02e— ESPN College BBall (@ESPNCBB) January 17, 2016Here are the AP Poll rankings. You can see more over at the Associated Press.1. Oklahoma2. North Carolina 3. Kansas4. Villanova5. Xavier6. West Virginia7. Maryland8. SMU9. Iowa10. Texas A&M11. Michigan State12. Arizona13. Virginia13. Baylor15. Miami (FL)16. Providence17. Louisville18. Butler19. Iowa State20. Duke21. USC22. Purdue23. Kentucky24. South Carolina25. Indiana …and here are the Coaches’ Poll rankings, released by USA Today.1. Oklahoma2. North Carolina 3. Kansas4. Villanova5. Maryland6. Xavier7. West Virginia8. Texas A&M9. Iowa10. Michigan State11. Arizona12. Duke13. Virginia14. Miami (FL)15. Baylor16. Louisville17. Providence18. South Carolina19. Kentucky20. Pittsburgh21. Iowa State22. Purdue23. Indiana24. Butler25. USCOklahoma begins its reign at No. 1 with a tough game on the road against No. 19 Iowa State tonight.
Dennis Ward APTN National NewsIndigenous leaders in Manitoba met with the province Tuesday to urge them not to hold up the national inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women.The new provincial government has been blamed for not wanting to sign off on the terms of reference.
TORONTO – Hudson’s Bay Co. is the latest Canadian company to be hit with a data breach, saying that customer payment card information may have been stolen from shoppers at certain Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Off Fifth and Lord & Taylor stores in North America.A spokesperson for retailer would not comment on whether any specific Canadian locations were affected, but did say there is no indication the breach affects any of HBC’s other digital platforms, Hudson’s Bay stores or Home Outfitters locations.HBC released little information on the breach itself on Sunday, but a New York-based cybersecurity firm said it had analyzed the available data and found that information from five-million credit cards had been compromised.Gemini Advisory LLC said in a report that the information was stolen from 83 Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks Off Fifth stores, and from all Lord & Taylor locations.The firm found that three Canadian Saks locations were exposed to the breach: Sherway Gardens in Toronto, Bramalea City Centre in Brampton, Ont. and Pickering Town Centre in Pickering, Ont.Dmitry Chorine, the co-founder of Gemini Advisory, said his firm works to improve response to data breaches by analyzing stolen data that appears on the so-called dark web.Chorine said the firm started looking into the breach when they noticed an influx of stolen credit and debit card information being offered for sale on the dark web last week.Upon analyzing the data, Chorine said they were able to determine that shoppers at all Lord & Taylor and at certain Saks Fifth Avenue locations were at risk of having their information stolen.“On March 28, we saw a significant spike of stolen credit cards offered for sale on one of the marketplaces,” said Chorine.“When we checked, we saw there was an advertisement stating that more than five-million credit and debit cards will be offered for sale, and that’s when we decided to research this particular breach.”The data that Chorine and his team found was being offered on a dark web marketplace operated by a hacking group called JokerStash, which Chorine says has been active in hacking retail and hospitality companies for the past three years.Gemini Advisory said Sunday that it had found data that had been stolen from as early as March 2017, and as late as March 2018.He said that only certain Saks Fifth Avenue locations were affected because the outlet was in the process of switching from card-swipe technology to EMV chip technology, which is already commonly used in Canada.Stores that had already implemented chip machines would likely not be exposed to the data breach, Chorine said.Chorine urged any consumers who had shopped at Saks Fifth Avenue or Lord & Taylor stores in the past year to take preventative measures against fraud.“They should probably call their banks and replace their cards,” said Chorine. “That would probably be the best preventative action they could take, instead of just waiting.”For now, HBC is asking clients to review their account statements for activity or transactions they don’t recognize.The company said it’s investigating and taking steps to contain the attack, and clients will not be responsible for any fraudulent charges as a result of the breach.It said it will offer free identity protection services to those affected once they learn more about the breach.
MONTREAL – Cogeco Communications Inc. says its earnings fell by about 15 per cent in the third quarter, primarily due to asset impairment and financial charges.The Montreal-based company said after the markets closed Wednesday that its quarterly profit was $64.5 million, down from $76.2 million in the same period of fiscal 2017.Cogeco said that was primarily due to increases in depreciation and financial costs, which were partly offset by a decrease of income taxes and other factors.Revenues increased 12.7 per cent to $637.1 million, driven primarily by 44 per cent growth in the U.S. broadband sector. Revenues held stable in the Canadian Internet services sector.Earnings per share in the quarter were $1.24, compared with $1.55 a year ago.The company also announced a quarterly dividend of $0.475 per share.Cogeco, the parent company, said it posted a gain of $70.1 million in the quarter, down from $82.1 million in the same quarter last year while revenues grew by about 11 per cent to $668.9 million.Cogeco announced last month that its subsidiary, Cogeco Connexion, had acquired 10 spectrum licenses of 2500 megahertz in non-metropolitan areas of Ontario, from Kian Telecom, for $8 million.In May, Cogeco Connexion successfully bid for 23 spectrum licenses of 2500 and 2300 megahertz primarily in its Ontario and Quebec wireline footprints for $24.3 million.The cost of these licenses will be recorded in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018.“Overall we are satisfied with our performance for the third quarter of fiscal 2018,” said Cogeco Communications president and CEO Louis Audet.“Results at Cogeco Connexion have remained stable compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2017, despite the fact that our Canadian broadband services subsidiary implemented a new advanced customer management system and had consequently temporarily reduced its marketing and sales activities.”Audet also said the positive results in the company’s American broadband services are in line with expectations following the acquisition of the MetroCast cable systems in January.“We are now ready to launch TiVo and Internet speed upgrades to these customers,” he said.Companies in this story: (TSX:CCA)
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate told a Delhi court on Thursday that it has no objection if Rajeev Saxena, an alleged middleman, is allowed to turn approver in the AgustaWestland money laundering case. The probe agency told Special Judge Arvind Kumar that if Saxena turns approver it would be very useful for the ED. Saxena, who has sought to become an approver in the case had on March 6 recorded his statement during in-chamber proceedings after which the court sent the copies of his statement to the special judge hearing the case. Also Read – How a psychopath killer hid behind the mask of a devout laity! He was earlier granted bail by the court on medical grounds after the perusal of reports submitted by AIIMS. The court posted the matter for consideration on March 25. Saxena, director at two Dubai-based firms — UHY Saxena and Matrix Holdings — is one of the accused named in the charge sheet filed by ED in the Rs 3,600 crore AgustaWestland deal scam. Christian Michel, former AgustaWestland and Finmeccanica directors Giuseppe Orsi and Bruno Spagnolini, former Air Force chief SP Tyagi and Saxena’s wife Shivani have also been named by the agency in the charge sheet.
New Delhi: Sterlite Power Friday said it has signed an agreement for Pampa transmission project in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, entailing an investment of Rs 1,394.79 crore. “The agreement is for batch 13, won at energy transmission auction held by ANEEL ( Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency),” Sterlite Power said in a statement. Completion of the project is expected in March 2023, and signing of the pact represents an important milestone in the company’s evolution, it added. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscalThe company however said it will ensure ahead of schedule delivery just like other projects in India. The project includes construction of three energy transmission lines totalling 316 km, two substations and 1,544 MVA transformation capacity, with annual allowed revenue of 74.72 million Brazilian real ( about Rs 133.98 crore) and an investment of 777.8 million Brazilian real (about Rs 1,394.79 crore). “Given the strong contractual framework, including long concession tenures (30 years) and inflation-protected revenues (which help lower the forex risk), the Brazil market presents us with a clear vision to implement projects in a time bound manner. We hope to replicate our successes in India in Brazil too,” said Ved Mani Tiwari, CEO – Global Infrastructure Business, Sterlite Power. Sterlite Power develops power transmission infrastructure and has projects exceeding 12,500 km in circuits and 20,500 MVA in India and Brazil.