27 October 2010 South Africa is to embark on a new economic growth path in a bid to create five-million jobs and reduce unemployment from 25% to 15% over the next 10 years. The announcement was made on Tuesday by Minister in the Presidency for Performance Monitoring and Evaluation, Collins Chabane. Chabane was speaking to journalists in Pretoria following a special Cabinet meeting called by President Jacob Zuma on Monday, and ahead of Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan’s medium-term budget speech in Parliament on Wednesday.Job creation at the centre of economic policy Chabane said the new growth path aimed to address unemployment, inequality and poverty by unlocking employment opportunities in South Africa’s private sector. “The new growth path is a broad framework that sets out a vision and identifies key areas where jobs can be created. The growth path we are announcing today places employment at the centre of economic policy.” Critical to the plan, he said, would be the partnering between key social players, business and government to address structural challenges in the economy.Regulatory reforms The government had realised that the economic growth and commodity price boom experienced over the past years had not seen revenue being sufficiently applied to promote economic spread and skills development in the country, Chabane said. The government also agreed that while South Africa’s economy was among the first to show signs of recovery following the global recession, regulatory reforms that encouraged employment and fought poverty were needed. The recession, which claimed more than a million jobs in 2009, took a heavy toll on South Africa’s economy, with households suffering from falling incomes and high levels of debt. The domestic economy further contracted by an estimated 1.8 percent as a result of a decline in consumption spending and weak investment growth. Chabane said the new growth path would exploit some of the opportunities that arose from the recession.Building an integrated African economy He cited China, India and Brazil as examples of countries with growth prospects similar to those of South Africa. The country could use its influence and experience to gain similar ground on the continent. “The new growth path commits South Africa to work with other countries on the continent to build a single African integrated economy, embracing one billion consumers, and to focus immediately on expanding economic links with the rest of the continent.” At least six key sectors, including infrastructure development, agriculture, mining, the “green” economy, manufacturing and tourism, had been identified as having potential to unlock employment opportunities. Partnerships Chabane and Economic Development Minister Ibrahim Patel agreed that it would probably take more than the government and the business sector for the country to achieve the new growth plan. Patel’s department is behind the Industrial Action Plan, which initially paved a way for the country’s new growth path. “Implementation and setting clear targets will remain a critical part of our work, and that is why we will be engaging all partners from all walks of life, and Cabinet will play a big role in coordinating all stakeholder commitments in this regard,” Patel said. The Cabinet Economic Team is headed by Rural Development Minister Gugile Nkwinti, who is also at the centre of speeding up economic growth in the country’s remote parts through various land reform policies. Nkwinti said that, through agricultural and land reform programmes, several employment opportunities that supported the new growth part were already in the pipeline. These included a special fund that had been created to assist emerging farmers in at least five of the country’s provinces. “Our area of focus will be on identifying skills, with the hope of using the funding to create more self-reliant businesses through partnerships of small and big commercial farmers,” Nkwinti said. Source: BuaNews
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Reducing manure volumes produced throughout the year is certainly worth considering when building a manure management plan. For example, what goes into your manure pit other than manure, urine and wash water? Additionally, it is important to note waste water can be from several sources, including:1. Leaking drinkers and water lines,2. Pigs wasting water when they drink; and,3. Rain water entering the pit.Leaking drinkers and water lines: One way to determine how many gallons go into the pit on a daily basis is to take a water meter reading when there are no pigs in the barn or no washing activities planned. Check the reading after a 24-hours. According to Adam Hocker’s 2014 Pork Congress presentation, Brenneman Pork in Iowa had records from 22 finishing barns that were leaking on average 4,000 gallons of water per week. That would be over 200,000 gallons of wasted water in a 2,400 head barn per year. Kevin Elder with the Ohio Department of Agriculture said, “Additional research has shown the diluted manure moves easier to subsurface tile. If manure has at least 4% solids and even better 8% solids it moves much less to drainage tile.” Pigs wasting water when they drinkResearch has shown there are differences in the amount of water wasted from drinkers of varying styles. As such, it is recommended to check the flow rate of your existing drinkers. Pigs only consume water at a given rate, dependent upon the size of pig, and higher flow rates lead to more wasted water. Research shows that water flow for a nursery should not exceed 45 seconds to fill a 16-ounce container. Comparatively, the flow rate for a grow finish should not exceed 30 seconds to fill a 16-ounce container. Water line pressure should be 20 psi; however, it is important to make sure you have adequate flow rates throughout the barn. If drinker height is adjustable be sure to adjust as pigs get bigger. In general, nipple height should be at pig shoulder level, or slightly above. Rain water entering the pitEvaluate outside landscaping (settling ground), especially around pump out ports to determine if surface water is entering the pit. There are barns that have pump-out ports that have separated, or cracked, from the pit walls and have allowed roof water to enter the pits. Be sure rainwater is diverted away from the building, and make any necessary repairs to pump-out ports. There should be no ponding water around the building after rainfall events. Developing an emergency planDevelop an emergency plan in the event field conditions do not allow for manure application when the pit is almost full. While options vary on location, below are several conditions to consider that might allow for you to partially pump down your pit:1. A neighbor with a dairy lagoon that is not full and would accept hog manure.2. A custom manure applicator with frac tanks or tankers for emergency storage.3. An older swine facility that is currently empty.4. A municipality sewage treatment plant that would take manure.5. Contact your local Soil and Water Conservation District Office to discuss local options: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/SWC/SearchLocalSWCD.aspx6. Constructing emergency storage as a last resort (This has been done before and is cheaper than paying fines and having bad publicity), contact local SWCD or ODA-Division of Livestock Environmental Permitting.For additional information on best manure strategies, please visit https://ohleap.org/
Several leaders and supporters of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday held street protest in Srinagar to demand security to all its workers in the Valley, four days after its leader was shot dead by suspected militants in south Kashmir.“I have decided to surrender my security too till all BJP workers are provided a security cover in Kashmir,” said BJP state general secretary Ashok Koul. He board a three-wheeler rather than the vehicle provided by the state security “as a mark of protest.” Earlier, Mr. Kaul led the street protest at Srinagar’s Press Enclave to press for his demands.Suspected militants shot dead BJP leader Gul Mohammad Mir (60) alias Attal on Saturday evening in Anantnag’s Nowgam area around 10 p.m. He succumbed to his injuries, inflicted by five bullets in the upper body. The BJP leader’s security was withdrawn a few weeks ago without citing any reason. The State Home department comes under Governor Satya Pal Malik in Jammu and Kashmir, since the State is under the President’s rule.Mir, who was BJP’s vice district president of Anantnag district, had unsuccessfully contested Assembly elections for Dooru assembly segment in 2008 and 2014.
Transfers Man City January transfer news LIVE: Newcastle seek out-of-favour Joe Hart loan Goal Last updated 1 year ago 19:47 1/6/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Transfers Manchester City Premier League Goal brings you all the latest news, rumours and deals related to the Citizens as the January transfer window heats up Newcastle United consider Hart loan moveNewcastle United have targeted Joe Hart as a January transfer candidate after the goalkeeper lost his first-team place at West Ham under David Moyes, according to the Daily Mirror.The England international, who is on loan from Man City, is admired by Rafa Benitez and would be a cheap option to bolster the Magpies’ squad without significant budget.Man City to make £35m Alexis bid Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player Manchester City are poised to make an opening January bid of £35 million for wantaway Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, according to the Daily Mail.Gabriel Jesus’ knee injury has forced Pep Guardiola to reconsider a winter move for the Chilean, whom he had originally preferred to sign at the end of the season.Arsenal turned down a £60m offer in the summer from Man City but, with fewer than six months left to go on his contract, they could lose him for free in July.Guardiola offers key trio contract updatePep Guardiola admits Manchester City are “so close” to agreeing fresh terms with Fernandinho, while talks with Kevin De Bruyne and Gabriel Jesus remain ongoing.The Premier League leaders are busy trying to lock down the respective futures of those they consider to be crucial to their plans heading forward.Read the full story right here on Goal!Lemar to replace Alexis at ArsenalArsenal manager Arsene Wenger hasn’t ruled out a January exit for Alexis Sanchez and If the Chilean does depart for Man City in January, Wenger is ready to make Monaco’s Thomas Lemar his replacement, according to L’Equipe.The Gunners failed with a £90 million bid for Lemar in the summer and though Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim has insisted the France international is not for sale, Wenger could test his resolve should Alexis move on in January.With Monaco out of the Champions League and PSG cruising to a Ligue 1 title, the principality side could be convinced to cash in on the highly rated 22-year-old.City want Real Sociedad defenderManchester City have been linked to Real Sociedad defender Inigo Martinez by the Manchester Evening News .With reports floating around the Pep Guardiola wants to spend £50 million to bring in Alexis Sanchez and a centre-back, the 26-year-old’s relatively low £28m release clause makes him a more affordable option than Barcelona’s Samuel Umtiti.Tarkowski staying with BurnleyThe news that James Tarkowski has signed a new long-term deal with Burnley has forced a re-think for Pep Guardiola and Manchester City as they look for defensive signings, according to the Manchester Evening News.The 25-year-old was also being chased by Chelsea and Arsenal, but has decided to stay at Turf Moor. The signing has strengthened talk of Jonny Evans, Samuel Umtiti or Inigo Martinez singing as City go in search of another defender. City willing to pay £35m for AlexisManchester City are ready to open the January bidding for Alexis Sanchez at £25 million but will go as high as £35m, claims the Daily Mail .The Arsenal forward continues to run down his contract, with Goal revealing that the Chilean is eager to push through a January switch to the Etihad .Guardiola wants to spend £50m in JanuaryPep Guardiola wants £50 million to reinforce Manchester City’s squad in January, according to The Sun .The Catalan reportedly hopes to see City secure the signing of Alexis Sanchez, as well as add another centre-back following Vincent Kompany’s latest injury.Alexis agrees Man City moveArsenal forward Alexis Sanchez has verbally agreed to join Manchester City, according to Marca .The Chile international almost joined City last summer and looks set to run his contract — which is up at the end of the season — down at the Emirates Stadium.A number of European clubs have tried to make approaches for the former Barcelona man, but they have been told Alexis is only interested in joining City having spoken to Pep Guardiola.Umtiti not interested in Man City moveManchester City target Samuel Umtiti is not interested in leaving Barcelona, according to Mundo Deportivo .Pep Guardiola reportedly was interested in signing the French defender, but Umtiti’s agent has told City the player is not looking to leave the Camp Nou.
Todd Lamirande APTN NewsJustice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould defended Canada’s human rights record at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva Friday.Much of the three-hour session revolved around Indigenous peoples in Canada.Dozens of countries weighed in with their recommendations on what to do email@example.com@ToddLamirande