Life in Kashmir Valley returned to normal on Sunday after two days of restrictions and strike as the first death anniversary of Hizbul Mujahideen “commander” Burhan Wani on Saturday remained by and large peaceful.Shops and other business establishments were open and public transport plied smoothly. Movement and assembly of people were unrestricted, officials said. Restrictions were lifted after two days as the situation remained peaceful on Saturday.Authorities restored mobile and broadband Internet services in Kashmir. While mobile Internet was restored on Saturday night, the BSNL’s broadband service resumed on Sunday morning. Only 2G connectivity An official, however, said only 2G connectivity was available on mobile networks. “The high-speed network is still suspended,” he said. He said the decision to restore it would be taken after assessing the situation.Internet services across the Valley were snapped on Thursday night as a precautionary measure to maintain law and order in view of Wani’s death anniversary. Situation under controlThere were a few incidents of stone throwing on Saturday, but the situation remained under control and peaceful, the officials said.A woman was injured when she sustained multiple pellet injuries in one such clash in Shopian town. The separatists, including the Hurriyat Conference factions led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and the Yasin Malik-led JKLF, had called for a strike on Saturday. Restrictions had been imposed in five police station areas of Srinagar on July 7.
Smith blasts ‘terrible’ PBA referees Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netSan Miguel import Charles Rhodes said it was a total team effort that lifted them from a dirge of a first half en route to a 111-102 over TNT in Game 5 of the PBA Commissioner’s Cup Finals at Smart Araneta Coliseum.The Beermen were dreadful to watch in the second period, absorbing each and every single one of the KaTropa’s eight three-pointers and ending the first half trailing by 61-46ADVERTISEMENT What ‘missteps’? LATEST STORIES LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera View comments Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games The Beermen doubled the KaTropa’s production of 18 third quarter points, putting up 36 in the penultimate period, including a 19-4 run.Instrumental in the quarter turnaround was 2013 MVP Arwind Santos, who had 14 of his 27 points in the third period.“Arwind always told me that when the Finals came he played his best, and he was the MVP out there tonight,” said Rhodes who finished with 20 points and 14 rebounds.San Miguel now lead the series 3-2.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Not only was the difference in the halftime scores glaring, TNT’s production of 35 points in the second quarter alone seemed gargantuan to San Miguel’s 17.Rhodes said everything changed come the third quarter and he credited his team’s collective sense of urgency for turning it around in the second half.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool stars“We were down 15 at the half, and that’s all we talked about,” said Rhodes. “We know what time of team we have and we knew we did some mistakes and we just had to adjust to it. We knew what we were doing wrong.”San Miguel was able to counteract TNT’s offensive punch with a spirited effort of its own. China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Cayetano to unmask people behind ‘smear campaign’ vs him, SEA Games
LANSING – Rep. Holly Hughes, R-Montague, is advising Muskegon County residents to be aware of fraudulent behavior that has affected multiple people within the 91st House District.“During an ‘office hours’ event in Whitehall today, I was approached by a resident who had – unknown to her – her mailing address changed online without her permission,” said Rep. Hughes. “This resident’s mail was being sent to a Detroit address for fraudulent purposes including obtaining credit cards.“After meeting with the constituent, I went to the local U.S. Post Office in Montague to inquire about this issue and learned 15 to 20 residents had the same thing happen to them in December,” said Rep. Hughes. “The local postmaster indicated the proper authorities had been notified. I’m asking all residents to be aware of this growing problem. If you notice a sudden change or stoppage involving your mail delivery, please do not hesitate to directly contact your local U.S. Post Office.” 11Jan Rep. Hughes advises area residents to be aware of fraud, illegal change of address Categories: Hughes News,News
The Box Plus Network, a joint venture between Channel 4 and Bauer Media, has launched two new linear TV channels – Box Hits and Box Upfront.The UK music video network has also introduced a new social-first digital channel, called BeBox.Box Plus Network said that the launches are designed address the “changing dynamic in youth media consumption,” consolidating its linear TV proposition and tapping new audiences with the BeBox digital offer.Box Hits will feature “the most popular hits of the last few years” while Box Upfront will showcase new and emerging artist talent alongside new music from established artists.BeBox will target the company’s core audience of “mainstream 16–24 year olds” with music and pop culture content across multiple digital platforms, led by social media.“We’ve been spending a lot of time speaking to our audience and the introduction of our new linear channels; Box Upfront and Box Hits, as well as our new digital channel BeBox, are a direct result of this feedback,” said The Box Plus Network managing director, Matt Rennie.“The way our audience consume media may be changing, but what remains constant is their love for music and pop-culture.”At the same time the Box Plus Network said it will refresh its flagship channel The Box and international network Box Africa. With Box Upfront focusing on brand new music, The Box, will now cover a “broad chart mix” alongside music productions and features.