Two cars damaged in arson attack outside hotel

first_imgTwo cars were damaged following an arson attack at a premises in Bridgend.The attack happened in the car park of the Frontier Hotel in the early hours of yesterday morning.One car was set on fire around 2.20am and the heat form this blaze damaged the car beside it. Two men were seen acting suspiciously in the area beforehand.Thankfully nobody was injured in the attack.Anybody with any information is asked to contact Gardai in Buncrana.Two cars damaged in arson attack outside hotel was last modified: October 15th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:arsonattackbridgendcarsdonegalFrontier Hotellast_img read more

Draymond Green video prompts ethics complaint; BART to pay $7,500 fine for Measure RR campaign violations

first_imgSACRAMENTO — BART will have to pay a $7,500 fine for illegally using taxpayers’ money on YouTube videos and social media posts to promote its $3.5 billion bond, Measure RR, state regulators said Monday in a preliminary ruling.State law prohibits public agencies from using public funds to campaign for any candidate or ballot measure, though they can provide factual information. Using public resources to express advocacy or opposition, however, qualifies as “an independent expenditure,” which …last_img read more

On Basketball: This first round of playoffs sorely lacks playoff drama

first_imgDrama is in very short supply so far in these playoffs. Close games? Few and far between (more on this later). Ratings? They’re down double-digit percentages from last year, a massive hit that suggests casual fans aren’t watching if LeBron James — out of the playoffs for the first time since 2005 — isn’t playing. Tickets? There were seats on the secondary market available for Monday’s Milwaukee-Detroit game for as little as $18.That’s $18, by the way, to see a Bucks team that was the best team in the NBA during the regular season. The Bucks have the likely MVP in Giannis Antetokounmpo. Pistons fans had to have known it would be their team’s last home game of the season. And it was, with Milwaukee winning in a rout to finish off a four-game sweep.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsA predictable one, at that.The divide between the haves and the have-nots in the NBA looks like a canyon right now. Unless San Antonio takes two of the next three against Denver, or someone rallies from 3-1 or 3-0 down, the eight higher-seeded teams will all win in the first round for the first time since 2008. Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles On the one hand, that means the second-round matchups could be really good. Boston-Milwaukee. Golden State-Houston. Philadelphia-Toronto. None of them are set yet, but they would all be fascinating if they happen.“You take control of a series by winning games on the road,” Golden State star Stephen Curry said. “We’ve been able to do that.”This past weekend, all the higher-seeded teams took control by winning away from home. Road teams went 4-0 on Saturday. Road teams went 4-0 again on Sunday. That’s never happened in NBA history. And with lower seeds not cashing in on home-court advantage, this first round might wind down real fast.Boston swept away Indiana. Milwaukee swept Detroit. Houston could sweep Utah on Monday night. Philadelphia, Golden State, Toronto and Portland all have a chance to win in five games. Entering Monday, only one series — Denver vs. San Antonio — was assured of going six games. There might not be a single Game 7 in the first round. The last time that happened was 2011.Fans might want the drama that comes with close games, long series, back-and-forth tussles. Players, of course, don’t mind going without. There have been moments, of course. Portland-Oklahoma City has given us flashes of Damian Lillard vs. Russell Westbrook. And Brooklyn-Philadelphia had some on-court shenanigans, plus Nets general manager Sean Marks somehow getting into the referee locker room to complain and a Nets owner tweeting to the league’s chagrin.ADVERTISEMENT Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell (45) defends against Houston Rockets guard James Harden (13) as he drives up court in the first half during an NBA basketball game Saturday, April 20, 2019, in Salt Lake City. (AP Photo/Rick Bowmer)ORLANDO, Florida — If there was a silver lining for Indiana fans after the Pacers were the first team to be bounced from the 2019 NBA playoffs, it’s this: They won’t have to watch any more first-round games.For that, they should be thankful.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Hot tempers, yes. Great games, not so much.“Not worried about it or paying attention to anybody else right now,” said Toronto guard Danny Green, whose team is up 3-1 over Orlando. “We’re focused on us and Orlando. We don’t skip steps here. We can’t think about the next series. We haven’t won this series yet. Can’t even think about the next series. Orlando’s our focus. They deserve all our focus. They’re a pretty damn good team. And we’re not looking ahead because we haven’t beat them yet. The job’s not finished.”Out of the first 31 games in these playoffs, road teams have gone 17-14. That’s absurd.And just two of the 31 games have been decided by three points or less. The average margin of victory so far in these playoffs: 14 points per game.So there’s been lopsided games, and for the most part, lopsided matchups. By Wednesday, most of the second round might be set. By Thursday, the first round might be completely done. There’s a chance this could be the fastest first round since the NBA made the opening matchups all best-of-sevens in 2003.The earliest the second round can start is Saturday.Here’s hoping the intrigue ramps up around then as well.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Nextcenter_img Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting MOST READ SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte SYKES Philippines dominates Manila and Cebu Inter-BPO Basketball Leagues DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss View comments Duterte wants probe of SEA Games messlast_img read more

2008 X BLADES NTL BEST OF ENEMIES ALL IN THE FAMILY

first_imgRelated Filesbest_of_enemies_feature___2-pdf The 2008 X Blades National Touch League to be contested in March 2008 at the BCU International Stadium in Coffs Harbour has been themed “The Best of Enemies”.The showcase event on the TFA calendar unites players, coaches, selectors, referees, officials, and supporters from across the Country in Coffs Harbour for the Annual Touchfest that will, for the first time in the 11 year history of the event, see the Open and Senior tournaments overlapping. “Catching up in Coffs” has become a tradition for Australia’s Touch Football community and some great on field rivalries have emerged over time that have transcended the boundaries of combat into firm friendships, epitomizing the best ideals of sport.Touch Football Australia National Media Coordinator Karley Banks continues the second installment in a three week series focusing on the “Best of Enemies” rivalry between the South Queensland Sharks and the Sydney Mets, two of the sport’s big gun franchises in the three premier Open divisions of Women’s, Men’s, and Mixed.This week the highly competitive Men’s Open “Best of Enemies” feature looks at the sibling rivalry between the Jones brothers Nathan (Sharks) and Aaron (Mets) and Australian Men’s open superstars Ben Robinson (Sharks) and Jason Stanton (Mets).Please click onto the below attachment for the full story.last_img read more

10 months agoReal Madrid convinced Levy faces having to sell Spurs ace Eriksen

first_imgReal Madrid convinced Levy faces having to sell Spurs ace Eriksenby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid are convinced they can prise Christian Eriksen away from Tottenham in 2019.AS says Real management believe the Dane’s decision to suspend new contract talks has handed them an advantage in their battle of wills with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.With Eriksen’s deal due to expire in 2020, this summer represents the best time for Levy to sell – a situation even manager Mauricio Pochettino recognises is now becoming reality.”Of course he is an important player and as coach you want to have him with you, but in the end it is a negotiation and there are different parties that have different interests, it would be great if he stays here, but, if not, it is in your right to do what you want,” said the Argentine.For their part, Real are prioritising Eriksen as the player to succeed veteran Luka Modric as their prime playmaker. TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

a month agoMaguire tells Man Utd fans: Goals coming soon

first_imgMaguire tells Man Utd fans: Goals coming soonby Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveHarry Maguire is confident he’ll break his Manchester United scoring duck. The summer signing has yet to score in six Premier League appearances for United. Speaking ahead of Monday’s clash with Arsenal, Maguire said: “I see myself as a threat.”I’ve had a couple of headers this year up to now and I’m sure to get on the end of many more crosses and create chances in the box. It’s something I take pride in as I work on it on the training pitch. “I like to say I’ll chip in with some goals to help the team out in terms of getting some good results.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Eastern St. Thomas MP Offers Help to Teachers

first_imgTeachers in Eastern St. Thomas, who wish to upgrade their skills, can benefit from grants and scholarships being offered by the Minister of Health, Hon. Dr. Fenton Ferguson, through the Constituency Development Fund (CDF).Making the announcement in his contribution to the 2013/14 Sectoral Debate in the House of Representatives, on Tuesday, June 25, Dr. Ferguson said the grants for teacher study upgrade and the scholarships are valued at more than $60,000 each.The grants from the CDF are being bolstered by funds from the Friends of Eastern St. Thomas – Jamaica and New York Chapters; while the scholarships are being made possible through the Dr. Fenton Ferguson Scholarship for Teachers.The Minister emphasized that he is committed to the educational development of his constituents, and pointed out that “the greatest allocation from my Constituency Development Fund has historically been to education and this has not changed.”“This past year, we committed support to infrastructure upgrade, equipment, scholarships, school appliances, and assistance to needy students,” Dr. Ferguson said, as he outlined his stewardship in Eastern St. Thomas.The Minister further informed that he will be continuing this year, the award of $10,000 each for the Grade Six Achievement Test (GSAT) Top Performing Boy and Girl, from the 21 primary schools in his constituency as well as the hosting of the annual luncheon in their honour.Contact: Alecia Smith-Edwardslast_img read more

Indigenous leaders ask Manitoba government not to hold up Canadas MMIW inquiry

first_imgDennis Ward APTN National NewsIndigenous leaders in Manitoba met with the province Tuesday to urge them not to hold up the national inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women.The new provincial government has been blamed for not wanting to sign off on the terms of reference.last_img

Hudsons Bay Co says Saks stores affected by data breach

first_imgTORONTO – Hudson’s Bay Co. is the latest Canadian company to be hit with a data breach, saying that customer payment card information may have been stolen from shoppers at certain Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Off Fifth and Lord & Taylor stores in North America.A spokesperson for retailer would not comment on whether any specific Canadian locations were affected, but did say there is no indication the breach affects any of HBC’s other digital platforms, Hudson’s Bay stores or Home Outfitters locations.HBC released little information on the breach itself on Sunday, but a New York-based cybersecurity firm said it had analyzed the available data and found that information from five-million credit cards had been compromised.Gemini Advisory LLC said in a report that the information was stolen from 83 Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks Off Fifth stores, and from all Lord & Taylor locations.The firm found that three Canadian Saks locations were exposed to the breach: Sherway Gardens in Toronto, Bramalea City Centre in Brampton, Ont. and Pickering Town Centre in Pickering, Ont.Dmitry Chorine, the co-founder of Gemini Advisory, said his firm works to improve response to data breaches by analyzing stolen data that appears on the so-called dark web.Chorine said the firm started looking into the breach when they noticed an influx of stolen credit and debit card information being offered for sale on the dark web last week.Upon analyzing the data, Chorine said they were able to determine that shoppers at all Lord & Taylor and at certain Saks Fifth Avenue locations were at risk of having their information stolen.“On March 28, we saw a significant spike of stolen credit cards offered for sale on one of the marketplaces,” said Chorine.“When we checked, we saw there was an advertisement stating that more than five-million credit and debit cards will be offered for sale, and that’s when we decided to research this particular breach.”The data that Chorine and his team found was being offered on a dark web marketplace operated by a hacking group called JokerStash, which Chorine says has been active in hacking retail and hospitality companies for the past three years.Gemini Advisory said Sunday that it had found data that had been stolen from as early as March 2017, and as late as March 2018.He said that only certain Saks Fifth Avenue locations were affected because the outlet was in the process of switching from card-swipe technology to EMV chip technology, which is already commonly used in Canada.Stores that had already implemented chip machines would likely not be exposed to the data breach, Chorine said.Chorine urged any consumers who had shopped at Saks Fifth Avenue or Lord & Taylor stores in the past year to take preventative measures against fraud.“They should probably call their banks and replace their cards,” said Chorine. “That would probably be the best preventative action they could take, instead of just waiting.”For now, HBC is asking clients to review their account statements for activity or transactions they don’t recognize.The company said it’s investigating and taking steps to contain the attack, and clients will not be responsible for any fraudulent charges as a result of the breach.It said it will offer free identity protection services to those affected once they learn more about the breach.last_img read more