Stan Collymore and Mark Saggers bring you another Feist Night special – this time dissecting the issue of Premier League ownership and parachute payments.
1 Serge Aurier Serge Aurier has been suspended by Paris St Germain for Tuesday’s Champions League clash with Chelsea after comments he made about coach Laurent Blanc and his team-mates on social media.The full-back has apologised after a live question-and-answer session on Periscope came to light in which he insulted Blanc and several PSG players.A statement on PSG’s website read: “This Sunday, the club have learned of a video distributed on social media in which Serge Aurier responds to questions from internet users.“The video, filmed in a private context, contains certain comments which are clearly unacceptable from a Paris St Germain player, towards certain team-mates and especially towards coach Laurent Blanc.“The club have opened disciplinary proceedings against the player, accompanied by a provisional suspension. Serge Aurier therefore will not figure in the squad to play against Chelsea on Tuesday in the Champions League.“Paris St Germain offer their full support to coach Laurent Blanc and to the players who, quite rightly, feel offended by these comments which are against the values of the club.”Club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi added: “I have taken the decision to suspend Serge Aurier. Paris St Germain is a very strong institution and nobody can affect that.“I will not allow anyone to cause difficulty for the club or distract us from our aims, beginning with our meeting with Chelsea.”Aurier, 23, has been a regular under Blanc this season but criticised the former France coach, along with PSG players Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Angel Di Maria, in the video.In a subsequent video on PSG TV, Ivory Coast international Aurier said: “I made a big mistake, I am here to say sorry to the coach, the club and my team-mates, and to the supporters because they are the most important people.“I want to apologise especially to the coach, I can only thank him for all he has done for me since I arrived in Paris.“He wanted me and since I came here everything has gone really well. I owe him a lot and that is why I apologise sincerely to him for what was said, which I deeply regret.“I will accept any sanction the club impose on me regarding this incident. I made a mistake, it was unforgivable and I am ready to face all the consequences.”It is not the first time Aurier has found himself in trouble due to comments on social media.He was banned for three games by UEFA after last season’s Champions League game against Chelsea, following a video posted on Facebook in which he labelled referee Bjorn Kuipers a “dirty son of a b****” over the sending-off of team-mate Ibrahimovic.
Nikica Jelavic Nikica Jelavic has completed his move to Chinese second division side Beijing Renhe.The striker was surplus to requirements at West Ham following the January arrival of Emmanuel Emenike.Now Hammers co-chairman David Gold has confirmed the Croatian has joined the ever-growing list of international footballers to make the switch to the Far East.“Nikica Jelavic has completed his move to Chinese second division team Beijing Renhe. Good luck Nikica,” tweeted Gold.Jelavic only started one game for West Ham in the Premier League this season.He was behind Andy Carroll, Enner Valencia and Diafra Sakho in the forward pecking order and his chances of game time were furher limited following the signing of Emenike.His move to China underlines the country’s increasing financial clout to recruit stars from the world’s top leagues, given his new club were relegated from the Super League last season. 1
Sean O’Driscoll 1 Walsall have placed Jon Whitney in charge of first-team affairs after sacking Sean O’Driscoll as manager.O’Driscoll was axed by the League One club on Sunday after a 3-1 home to defeat to Barnsley a day previously stretched their winless run to six matches.The former Liverpool assistant, who left Anfield following Brendan Rodgers’ sacking, had only been in the job since December.Whitney has now been tasked with leading the team while the club decide on a permanent replacement for O’Driscoll.He spent three games in caretaker charge earlier in the season after Dean Smith quit to become Brentford boss.Despite their recent disappointing run of form, the Saddlers are sitting fourth in League One, only five points adrift of the automatic promotion places.A statement from the club read: “Walsall Football Club can today confirm that First Team Performance Coach, Jon Whitney will take control of first team affairs. “Whitney will be assisted by First Team Coach, Neil Cutler and Professional Development Coach, John Ward ahead of Saturday’s League One fixture with Chesterfield.”
SAFETY: For parents worried about their kids, the $500 outerwear can also protect against knife slashes. By Kate Schuman THE ASSOCIATED PRESS LONDON – Parents may worry less about losing their child – and the kid’s expensive coat – with a new piece of winter wear that includes a global positioning tracker. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.The jackets, released this week by the British clothing company Bladerunner, have a GPS tracking device in the lining. The device can track the jacket anywhere in the world, within 43 square feet. “The jacket is not something that was released due to people losing their kids,” said Adrian Davis, a partner at Bladerunner. “It was originally made for mountain climbers, skiers and snowboarders.” Davis said the company decided to make a children’s version of the jacket aimed at parents concerned about their children’s safety. Using Google Earth maps, users can watch the jacket wearer move with updates every 10 seconds.But they don’t need to be online to find out where the person is. Users can also receive alerts to their e-mail or cell phone when the jacket leaves a boundary, meaning parents could receive alerts whenever their children skipped school, left the neighborhood or went to their boyfriend’s house – so long as the child was wearing the jacket. Bladerunner, which designed the jacket and commissioned Asset Monitoring Solutions to craft the tracking device, made headlines in the spring when they released slash-resistant clothing for children, aimed at those worried about increasing knife crime in London. The new jacket is also equipped with the slash-resistant lining. The tracking device uses a rechargeable battery that can last for about 18 hours. A children’s tracking jacket costs $500, plus $20 a month for the tracking technology. An adult jacket costs $700.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Authorities investigating a destructive Southern California wildfire set by an arsonist are asking for the public’s help in finding a truck seen in the area when the fire started. Authorities released a picture of a white Ford F-150 on Friday and say they want to talk to the driver. They are not calling the driver a suspect. Investigators say the vehicle was seen around the time the fire broke out in an Orange County canyon. The fire has burned 26,000 acres and destroyed 14 homes in the foothills east of Irvine. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m. Authorities believe the blaze was deliberately set because they found two ignition points within a short distance – a common sign of arson. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Con Holmes is always putting his foot in it.He did it again last Friday in dreadful weather conditions. Con didn’t juts walk from Letterkenny to Newtowncunningham – he did it in his bare feet.There were a few blisters but there was no stoping Con whose walk was in aid of NCDI our local community developmment project & the Breast Unit at LGH.Thanks to Mick & Irene Ferry, Sean & Kathleen Holmes who this walk had a special meaning for as a breast cancer patient, Eilish O Reilly, Marie Kelly, Karina Gildea, Oonagh Fullerton, Jimmy Gildea and a very special thank to Con’s grandchildren Amy & Clara Golden & Molly Gildea.The children walked a big part of the way, Amy aged 16, Molly aged 10 & 7 year old Clara years all did the walk. Con said he hopes to have managed to make a few euros for both these worthwhile projects and we should have the figure soon.And not one to put his feet up – Con was again back in the bare feet as he went for a ‘small’ 5k walk for the Newtowncunningham Community Playgroup 5KM CON PUTS HIS FOOT IN IT …..AGAIN! was last modified: June 25th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:barefoot charity walkCon Holmes
On Tuesday, Luis Suarez took his goal tally for club and country this season to 46. The Barcelona forward helped his side to come from behind to beat ten-man Atletico Madrid 2-1 in the last eight of the Champions League at Camp Nou. Diego Simeone’s side took a first-half lead through Fernando Torres, before the former Liverpool and Chelsea striker saw red after receiving two bookings. Luis Enrique’s Blaugrana piled on the pressure and it was only a matter of time until the home side scored. Lionel Messi’s wait for his 500th career goal goes on as Suarez stole the show with a well-taken double.The 29-year-old now has 46 goals in 47 appearances for Barca and Uruguay this season.See his brace from Wednesday night, below:Barcelona 1-1 Atletico Madrid: Luis Suarez draws the home side level Luis Suarez continues his good form this season Barcelona 2-1 Atletico Madrid: Luis Suarez doubles the home side’s tally 1
7 7 N’Golo Kante (Leicester City) – Kante was unquestionably one of the players of the season, with his dynamic displays crucial to Leicester City cruising to the Premier League title. The Foxes may be readying themselves for a number of offers in the summer, and United are said to be considering making a bid. But with Champions League football on offer at the King Power Stadium next season, it would have to be a very lucrative offer. Arturo Vidal (Bayern Munich) – click the arrow above, right, to check out more midfielders Mourinho could target in the summer – It was recently claimed incoming Man United manager Jose Mourinho wants a ‘captain’ in central midfield. This is not necessarily a player to take the armband off current skipper Wayne Rooney, but an influential figure in the middle to help the club fight for honours on all fronts. Arturo Vidal is one candidate and its been a satisfying debut season at the Allianz Arena for the battling midfielder as he won the Bundesliga title and the German Cup. While the Chilean might not be looking to leave so soon, interest in his signature remains high and Spanish outlet Don Balon claim Chelsea, United and City are considering an offer. 7 7 Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City) – The midfielder was forced to walk away from Old Trafford in 2012, after a series of loan spells, to save his faltering career. His steely determination has seen him prove himself at Leicester and force his way into Englands preliminary Euro 2016 squad. Mourinho may see his inspiring displays as crucial to rebuilding United, while the player himself has unfinished business with United. 7 Nemanja Matic (Chelsea) – Matic has endured a season to forget at Stamford Bridge, but his reputation seems to have remained intact. Mourinho, according to the Daily Mail, will attempt to sign the tough Serbia international when he officially takes over at United. It would be a surprise if the midfielder himself wants to link up with the Portuguese coach again. 7 Paul Pogba (Juventus) – The grass really has been greener on the other side for Pogba. Since leaving Old Trafford in July 2012, the midfielder has been at the heart of Juves numerous honours and he has earned a world class reputation. Its wishful thinking that Mourinho could lure the 23-year-old back to Manchester, but stranger things have happened. Toni Kroos (Real Madrid) – Throughout a challenging season for Los Blancos in which manager Rafael Benitez was sacked at the beginning of the year reports have suggested Kroos is unsettled at Real Madrid. Despite this, the classy midfielder has cemented his place under current manager Zinedine Zidane, however, some clubs are thought to still be considering making the Spanish side an offer. 7 Yaya Toure (Manchester City) – Toure didnt have the best of seasons at the Etihad, but he has still provided glimpses of the commanding displays supporters know hes capable of. If Mourinho can motivate him, it would be foolish not to consider making an offer for a player, particularly as reports suggest he wants to leave City. His signing might not be the most popular, but a few years ago the same may have been said for Mourinho. Jose Mourinho is closing in on the vacant Manchester United position.This news has been swirling throughout the season and now only the official confirmation of his arrival at Old Trafford is awaited following Louis van Gaal’s exit.With his move seemingly almost done and dusted, reports have begun to surface over who the former Chelsea manager might want to sign ahead of his first campaign with the club.And it was recently claimed, via the Mirror, that Mourinho wants a ‘captain’ in central midfield for the Red Devils.Not a player to take the armband off Wayne Rooney, but someone with the leadership skills required of any side wanting to challenge for honours on all fronts.So who could fulfil such a role?Take a look at the top contenders for this position by viewing the slideshow above.
Portugal ended their Euro 2016 preparations in exceptional fashion on Wednesday evening, hitting seven past Estonia in a resounding win.They may have been up against less-than-impressive opponents, but A Seleccao defended solidly, and attacked with a creative chemistry which hinted at Portugal potentially being serious contenders for the entire Euros.Cristiano Ronaldo was obviously at the forefront of this display, although Ricardo Quaresma put in a performance which was verging on world class.Real Madrid star Ronaldo bagged a brace in the win, warming up for the Euros in irresistible style.You can watch both of Ronaldo’s goals below… 1 Cristiano Ronaldo will be looking to lead Portugal to Euro success